Monday, October 25, 2010

Kuala Selangor

One of my favorite experiences on the field trip was the visit to the Fire Flies. It was a spectacular sight to see loads of fireflies flashing their lights in the bushes making the effect of a Christmas tree. We reached the sight, and got into groups of four. Each group got into a boat. Slowly we sailed off into the distance and as we got further away we saw the flashing lights. It was absolutely amazing to see clusters of Fire flies in the bushes flashing their lights rhythmically reminding me of  lights on a Christmas tree.

As we were at the turning back to the pier, I noticed some fireflies  had faded away creating some darkness in the bushes. I could here some sounds coming from the bushes. The boat man took us closer to one of the bushes and one of the fire flies came straight at me, I moved back, but it flew past me and settled in a bush.

Back at the pier we saw a fire fly on a table. We put our hands around it and saw it glow. Eventually it flew away and Mr Sheflin told us to get back on the bus as it was time to go back to the Hostel.

source from thaicruises.com

No comments:

Post a Comment